There is a way to have dessert for breakfast and still be healthy (sort of)…yes it’s true! After my many rolled oats experiments (Banana Oats French Toast, Fruity Baked Oats), I finally came up with one that really does satisfy the sugar cravings. Using just a little bit of flour adds a cake like texture to the oats. It tastes great on its own, but you can add whatever nuts or fruits you want.
Servings: 2 people
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup espresso flavored almond milk, room temperature (1),
2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
2-3 tablespoon honey (2)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup of mixed fruit of your choice, sliced – optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 1 or 2 quartz baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the cocoa powder and flour in the espresso almond milk until both are fully mixed. Then whisk in the salt, honey and vanilla. Add in the oats and the fruits.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes based on the desired consistency.
- I use Califia’s XX Espresso, Cold Brew coffee with almond milk since it saves me an extra step, however you can you use whatever brand you want. If you don’t have any on hand then any kind of milk with a spoon of instant coffee will work as well.
- Use any liquid sweetener of your choice such as maple syrup etc.