I love breakfast, it’s my favorite meal of the day! Like most professionals, I used to forego breakfast for a few extra desperate minutes of sleep. Since I’m not working at the moment, I’m really enjoying leisurely breakfasts and trying out new recipes.
This recipe evolved after the Banana Oats French Toast; Hubby and I actually had to have a talk about whether he was ready to go full oats and skip the bread! 😛 But since our jeans seem to be getting tighter, I thought lets take the plunge!
This is a super easy, ‘just dump everything together’ version, which can bake in the oven while you get ready in the morning. I’ve used blueberries, bananas and strawberries but you can choose your own assortment of fruits.
Servings: For 2 people
2 cups mixed berries
1 cup milk
1 cup oats (regular or quick cook)
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 large egg
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF, and grease a small baking dish thoroughly (with butter or oil).
2. Slice the strawberries and bananas.
3. In a medium bowl, add together all the ingredients including the fruit. Mix until properly combined.
4. Pour into the baking dish and back for 40-50 minutes, until liquid is absorbed by the oats and golden brown at the top. Rotate the dish halfway if required to ensure even cook.
1. I used 1-Minute Quaker Oats however you can use any kind. Regular ones may just take slightly longer to cook.