Servings: 4 pieces
For the French Toast:
8 slices bread
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup (60 grams) butter
For the Caramelized Bananas:
4 ripe bananas
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons water
For the Chocolate Sauce:
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk
– Chocolate sauce: Placing the chocolate chips and milk in a microwave safe bowl, and heat for 30 seconds. Take out and stir with a spoon. Repeat in 30 second increments until chocolate is fully melted.
– Caramelized bananas: Melt the sugar and water in a non-stick skillet until golden brown. Cut the bananas into thick slices (they will become mashed-up if too thin) and place into the skillet. Stir the mixture to ensure bananas are covered, and then cook on medium heat until the bananas are softened.
– French Toast: Whisk the milk and sugar together in a bowl until the sugar is dissolved, then add the eggs and whisk until fully combined.
– Spread the caramelized bananas equally onto 4 slices of toast, and place the remaining on top to make 4 sandwiches. One side at a time, dip each sandwich into the egg mixture for approx 10 seconds.
– On medium heat, brown each side of the sandwiches in a non-stick skillet.
– Remove from heat, and cut each diagonally. Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the french toast sandwiches before serving.